Who are we?
We are Worldwide Flight Services, WFS for short – proud Ground Handling Partner of easyJet here at Edinburgh Airport since 2018. We handle all easyJet services, flying to over 40 destinations from Scotland’s Capital. From serving guests through Bag Drop & Boarding to handling their baggage and ensuring a safe, professional operation around the aircraft. Our objective is to be the best and we want you to be part of our rise to the top of operational excellence.
What does a Customer Service Agent do?
As a Customer Service Agent you will be the first face our guests see when they enter the airport and the last they see as they head out to the aircraft. Your role is to deliver unrivalled Customer Service at Bag Drop and during the Boarding process.
Working in the incredible airport environment, where literally no two days are ever the same; you will support customers from all walks of life, travelling for every reason imaginable. From interviews and meetings to funerals and to be with ill friends or relatives. From family holidays and city breaks to school trips and groups of friends off on their first holiday together you will see it all and we are there to help everyone have the best airport experience possible giving an experience they will cherish and share.
· Welcome customers and guide them through the Check In & Bag Drop process, ensuring compliance with safety procedures at all times.
· Explore upselling opportunities such as Extra Leg Room seats and additional baggage options to ensure customers maximise their trip.
· Support customers who may need a little extra assistance lifting their baggage or using Self Service machines.
· Make announcements to ensure customers are kept informed.
· Board customers to the aircraft, ensuring their travel documents are correct and their baggage compliant.
· Complete flight paperwork to ensure the onboard crew are fully aware of how many customers are aboard.
· Greet arriving customers to Edinburgh and direct them to the relevant exit route.
· Help Customers in disruption, looking for alternative flights and/or accommodation as well as provide the latest information on the situation.
Working as part of our fantastic team, with full training provided, you will be equipped to be the best of the best.
Our Customer Service Agents are flexible, proactive and professional. You’ll be balancing Customer Service and Safety at all times and have a desire to deliver far in excess of the customers expectations.
What shifts will I be working?
Customers travel for a whole range of reasons and from dawn until after dark and we are there to deliver for them at all times. This role works on a 6 on and 3 off pattern averaging 29 hours per week. Our early shifts start from 0330 and our lates finish beyond 0100.
Is this a Summer job?
Yes. Winter too, in fact we would love you to stay with us year round. This opportunity is a permanent contract.
We pay our team a very competitive salary plus overtime. We cover your parking at the airport and have a range of discounts with shops and food outlets throughout the airport.
To be part of our mission to be the best of the best, you’ll be:
- Professional and take great pride in your work
- Safety conscious
- Obsessed with delivering outstanding Customer Service
- A clear, friendly and calm communicator
- Proud to present yourself well whilst upholding uniform standards
- Thrive under pressure and love the buzz of the airport environment
- Able to follow operational procedures and maintain consistently brilliant customer service standards throughout
- Proactive, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- Confident dealing with challenging situations
- This is not your normal 9 til 5 job. There are early and late shifts, including weekends so flexibility in working hours is critical.
- Providing a full 5-year history of employment, education & including any gaps of unemployment
- Clean criminal record, all successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and provide 5 years referencing history.
Ready to board? We look forward to starting our journey together…
If you’re ready to get onboard, then get your CV up to date and apply. We are at hugely exciting time as the industry rebounds and at WFS Edinburgh we are getting stronger and stronger. Join us in becoming the best Ground Handling provider in the UK.
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 29 per week
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 31/01/2023
Expected start date: 13/02/2023