MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Build and maintain business relationship with all of the key business partners at Edinburg Airport.
Ensure that both WFS operations at Edinburgh Airport operate to the standards expected of the WFS safety and security programmes and to the standard measured by the regulatory bodies DFT, Edinburgh Airport Security compliance teams.
- Responsible for financial performance controls for the operational profit and loss account.
- Department financial analysis on a monthly basis.
- Maintain weekly/monthly financial reporting on budgeted manpower hours, payroll, unbudgeted costs.
- Responsible for purchasing and cost control of the facility
- Prepare documentation and analysis for capital expenditure
- Deliver the operational SLA requirements of our customer Airlines
- Maintain and develop customer relations, explore new business opportunities through consistent liaison, communication and information exchange
- Implement an effective performance management program
- Ensure implementation, monitoring and continual reviewing of the company Health and Safety manual to comply with all IOSH, legislation change and company standards in the UK.
- In conjunction with HR plan and recruit replacement operational cargo personnel
- In conjunction with HR conduct any disciplinary procedure arising
- Maintain industrial harmony through motivational skills and communication
- Ensure full knowledge and understanding of Worldwide Flight Services polices and processes in terms of development, safety, security, products and services.
- Oversee all different aspects of the facility & plant equipment maintenance on a day to day basis to comply with all company standards
- Ensure compliance with the airport safety procedures and adhere and comply with all local and national security policies.
- Implement regular safety audits and briefings with staff and represent Worldwide Flight Services at internal and external operational meetings.
- A high degree of self-motivation and professionalism
- an ability to liaise effectively with own staff, customers and suppliers at all levels
- A thorough understanding of all appropriate legislative requirements in particular HMRC
- A thorough understanding of all departments clerical and warehouse processes
- Knowledge of Different airlines SOPS & other operating systems such as ABS, other system like EBIS for accounts training will be provided, etc.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills essential
- Customer focused
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday normally however you may be required to work additional hours as may be necessary to perform your role.
- Previous Aviation Security Industry Experience / Health and Safety experience desirable
- Motivate the cargo workforce and maintain industrial harmony.
- Excellent team working and team developing ability
- Strong management skills ability to tackle difficult situations head on as and when necessary.
- Responsibility Adheres to deadlines and appointments
- A good level of resilience and flexibility
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to Focus on Customers
- Safety & Security awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivate the cargo workforce and maintain industrial harmony
- Ensure control of budgeted operational hours while maximizing the efficient use of employee resources.
- Reporting incidents, accidents or practices
- Respecting compliance rules and regulations
- Contact point for designated airlines
- Share information of risks as well as best practice
How to apply
Your CV for the post of Operations Manager should be sent to Alan Black (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the Friday 23rd August 2019.