The Operations Supervisor is a critical frontline operational role where you will have responsibility for the safe airside operation and our front-line team members.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating, engaging and inspiring all team members to ensure the delivery in line with Swissport procedures, policies and brand values.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Supervise/allocate tasks including reporting absences and overtime.
- Plan and deploy resources to ensure customer and operational requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with all Swissport corporate safety and security procedures in order to meet/exceed regulatory standards deliver the desired customer service experience
- Maintain up-to-date manuals and documentation
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and airport authorities
- Ensure compliance with Swissports SOPs and policies
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the operation/turnround of inbound and outbound flights
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned equipment and materials
- Contribute/assist with local emergency plans
- Make operational decisions with the operational plan.
- Ensure that staff are adequately trained, (including monthly manual loadsheets – if required) motivated and communicated with.
- Coordinate operational issues between dispatchers, airlines and flight crew members including delay management and diversions.
- Monitor and ensure that all Swissport departmental standard operational procedures (SOP’s) are followed accordingly.
- Ensure the overall supervision and quality of the dispatch release, flight following and operational control processes.
- Quality control and monitoring of flight files, messaging systems, SITA, and issue loadsheets and LIRF’s
- Coordinating with all internal departments, line management, CLC, other service providers and airlines when required.
- Create operational reports
- Attending and investigate any incidents / accidents
- Looking after adhoc handling requests communicating information to other airport agencies and dealing with the business development team.
- Ensuring FSC data is entered accurately and flights are closed in a timely manner and ensuring cleaning services match what has been entered in FMS GHS.
- Ensuring correct Flight File Management and Supervision of flight files, and ensuring daily checks and audits on W&B , flight file documentation and load-sheet documentation are signed off, accurate and complete by authorised personnel.
- Ensuring compliance to the Triple AAA documentation processes, along with sign offs and documented audit process.
- Ensuring that any dispatcher assigned to a flight or airline, is suitably authorised/qualified/licenced to carry out W&B/load-sheets/AAA for respective aircraft and airlines.
- Will be required to handle commercially/contractually sensitive information related to airlines charges, ad-hoc handling rates and services.
- Ensure the safe and secure handling of cash/credit card transactions in line with company procedures.
- Be the critical communications link between the station, the airlines and the airport authority, as well as all legal and jurisdictional bodies, such as the CAA, HSA, Airport Police and Dept of Transport.
- Control and allocation responsibilities of labour and resource on a day to day basis
- To provide professional day to day leadership to a team, ensuring the highest standards of health and safety, quality, customer service and security are met and maintained.
- Must demonstrate a personal commitment to rigorously enforcing appropriate standards of health, safety and security, in order to ensure performance improves year on year.
- To actively manage your team members ensuring that every member receives timely, appropriate feedback, in order to improve day to day performance and behaviour.
- To act as a role model to staff, by tackling poor performance/slash misconduct whenever it occurs.
- To take a pro-active approach to support the operation to best effect in all cases.
- To take personal responsibility to ensure that the team delivers the appropriate service to the same high standards on every occasion, in order to reduce health and safety incidents and always provide a consistent service to customers.
- Communicate and collaborate to engage others.
- Create transparency to drive results.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Agreed customer standards for the provision of operations will be maintained within budget/forecast labour cost targets.
- Lateness and absenteeism and staff turnover actively managed within agreed local limits.
- Uniform standards and presentation consistently maintained in line with Company policy.
- Maintenance of good customer and employee relations, disciplinary issues and level of complaints attributed to the shift.
- Consistent accuracy and completeness of paperwork within time scales and standards set by local management.
- Completion of Operations audits and follow-up to be completed every winter and summer season.
- Completion of formal staff appraisals, for all staff.
- You will have the ability to accept and embrace change as a constant and unpredictable feature of your working environment.
- Can communicate clearly with your people to help them understand Swissport Western Europe direction.
- Be able to build positive and trusting relationships.
- Be open to different opinions and seek a collaborative approach.
- Embrace an ideas culture to enable teams to create an agile edge.
- Promote flexibility, adaptability and agility in order to enable contingency time.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and the desire to improve the delivery of services and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Excellent organisational abilities, attention to detail, able to prioritise workloads and work effectively to deadlines in a fast-paced complex environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of three GCSE’s or equivalent
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and public holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- Proficient in computer skills and able to learn Swissport and airport systems
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment desirable
- Commitment to good customer service and continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to inspire others, with demonstrable supervisory skills and experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A full driving licence
- Ability to speak additional languages desirable
Career progression opportunities will be in line with the Swissport Western Europe Station Structures.
COMPANY TRAINING MODULES
Training modules in accordance with Swissport Global and Western Europe standard training selector and Swissport Western Europe Planning technical requirements. Relevant leadership training including Active Supervision and Active Leadership.
- Swissport has strict obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR”). Compliance is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, however, you are required to actively support and assist the business with compliance, both in your daily duties and in respect of ad hoc projects and activities. You are expected to demonstrate good practice to direct reports, and actively promote a culture of compliance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Swissport and its employees have a strict duty under the Equality Act 2010, not to be discriminatory in their treatment of colleagues and customers, on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Compliance with equality and diversity principles is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, you are required to:
- comply with equality and diversity policies and treat all colleagues and customers with dignity and respect (including in virtual and digital environments);
- respond positively, inclusively, and supportively to the different needs of colleagues and customers by reason of their protected characteristics;
- report and act upon all instances of discrimination, harassment, and bullying;
- proactively support direct reports to understand their responsibility for equality and diversity, including identifying and facilitating development where required. Ensure performance is measured against key performance indicators, to mitigate the risk of discrimination;
- proactively comply with, model, promote, and embed equality and diversity principles, in daily duties, project work, and strategic planning, to promote a culture of zero tolerance, an environment in which colleagues and customers feel safe and respected, and champion the value the business affords to equality and diversity;
- ensure changes to policies and practices are screened for compliance with equality and diversity principles, and embed compliance as a key performance indicator in strategic planning and project work;
- evaluate operational decisions to assess the impact on policies, procedures, and strategies with reference to equality and diversity.
[NOTE: This is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and operational / local customer requirements.]