The Customer Supervisor is an operational frontline critical role where you will have delegated responsibility for front-line customer service team members.
You will be responsible for coordinating a variety of factors, across several areas of the Passenger team, including, check-in, boarding gate, airport lounges where applicable, passenger meet and greet and mishandled baggage and PRM handling where applicable.
You will be responsible for coordinating a variety of factors, from allocating team members on shift, overseeing the safe on time departure of aircraft and holding team members accountable for their actions.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating, engaging and inspiring all team members to ensure the delivery of great customer experiences in line with Swissport procedures, policies and brand values.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Lead by example in order to ensure we deliver consistently great customer experiences at every touchpoint.
- Ensure available resources are used to the optimum level (monitor and control overtime payments).
- Support and identify training needs and where required train, coach and mentor the team.
- Create & maintain a progressive, open feedback culture by managing the performance of employees.
- Ensure the strict implementation of the Customer Services budget.
- Resolve all customer service challenges in a timely manner and assist in negotiations with new customers. Strict implementation of Passenger Service budget such as overtime spend and sickness policy.
- Ensure compliance with all SOPs and policies in order to meet or exceed regulatory standards and deliver the desired customer service experience.
- Ensure all safety and security processes and procedures are always complied with.
- Ensure Compliance with all Uniform & PPE Requirements.
- Hold Team Briefings.
- Conduct and provide team feedback as and when needed.
- Manage and contribute towards change within the operational environment and maintain commercial awareness in identifying new business opportunities.
- Coordinate return to work paperwork for sick team members.
- Conduct and complete QHSE inspections and audits as required.
- Effectively work with station managers to support the reduction of attrition in the workplace. Ensure good daily communication with the airport authorities and to achieve our airport AOL goals.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- To provide professional day to day leadership to a team, ensuring the highest standards of health and safety, quality, customer service and security are met and maintained.
- Must demonstrate a personal commitment to rigorously enforcing appropriate standards of health, safety and security, in order to ensure performance improves year on year.
- To actively manage your team members ensuring that every member receives timely, appropriate feedback, in order to improve day to day performance and behaviour.
- To act as a role model to staff, by tackling poor performance/slash misconduct whenever it occurs.
- To take a pro-active approach to support the operation to best effect in all cases.
- To take personal responsibility to ensure that the team delivers the appropriate service to the same high standards on every occasion, in order to reduce health and safety incidents and always provide a consistent service to customers.
- Communicate and collaborate to engage others.
- Create transparency to drive results.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Health and Safety
- Accuracy of travel document checks
- Airline KPI’s
- Safe and on time performance
- Roster vs Timesheet allowance (breaks and team members leaving on time)
- You will have the ability to accept and embrace change as a constant and unpredictable feature of your working environment.
- Can communicate clearly with your people to help them understand Swissport Western Europe direction.
- Be able to build positive and trusting relationships.
- Be open to different opinions and seek a collaborative approach.
- Embrace an ideas culture to enable teams to create an agile edge.
- Promote flexibility, adaptability and agility in order to enable contingency time.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and the desire to improve the delivery of services and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Excellent organisational abilities, attention to detail, able to prioritise workloads and work effectively to deadlines in a fast-paced complex environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience working in aviation, ideally in an airside operational role.
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- To have undertaken or be prepared to undertake active supervision within three months of being appointed into role
- Fluent spoken and written English (additional languages beneficial)
- A desire to lead and develop other teams and team members.
Career progression opportunities will be in line with the Swissport Western Europe Station Structures.
COMPANY TRAINING MODULES
Training modules in accordance with Swissport Global and Western Europe standard training selector and Swissport Western Europe Planning technical requirements. Relevant leadership training including Active Supervision and Active Leadership.
- Swissport has strict obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR”). Compliance is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, however, you are required to actively support and assist the business with compliance, both in your daily duties and in respect of ad hoc projects and activities. You are expected to demonstrate good practice to direct reports, and actively promote a culture of compliance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Swissport and its employees have a strict duty under the Equality Act 2010, not to be discriminatory in their treatment of colleagues and customers, on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Compliance with equality and diversity principles is therefore a responsibility embedded in all roles. Specifically, you are required to:
- comply with equality and diversity policies and treat all colleagues and customers with dignity and respect (including in virtual and digital environments);
- respond positively, inclusively, and supportively to the different needs of colleagues and customers by reason of their protected characteristics;
- report and act upon all instances of discrimination, harassment, and bullying;
- proactively support direct reports to understand their responsibility for equality and diversity, including identifying and facilitating development where required. Ensure performance is measured against key performance indicators, to mitigate the risk of discrimination;
- proactively comply with, model, promote, and embed equality and diversity principles, in daily duties, project work, and strategic planning, to promote a culture of zero tolerance, an environment in which colleagues and customers feel safe and respected, and champion the value the business affords to equality and diversity;
- ensure changes to policies and practices are screened for compliance with equality and diversity principles, and embed compliance as a key performance indicator in strategic planning and project work;
- evaluate operational decisions to assess the impact on policies, procedures, and strategies with reference to equality and diversity.
[NOTE: This is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and operational / local customer requirements.]