Pay will increase after successful training and completion of probationary period.
Provides all necessary help and support to passengers with any lost and found luggage. Initiates tracing procedures for lost passenger items through “World Tracer”. Liaises with the relevant Swissport Departments and other Airport Service Providers on behalf of Passengers for items left on Aircraft.Assists with the safe forwarding and reuniting of found baggage / items to the correct passengers, ensuring all relevant security protocols are adhered to.Prepares and maintains all required records and reports of lost and found activities throughout their shift whilst handling Passenger complaints in a sympathetic and efficient manner.
- Control of baggage delivery, and Quality measurements
- World Tracer management
- Customer Services Assistance
- Issuing & following up all Lost & Found cases
- Various office duties (e-mails, telephone calls, sending passenger correspondence)
- Ensure fast and accurate baggage deliveries service
- Handover of open cases to the respective Airlines
- Follow up all pending cases and keep in constant contact with Passenger(s)
- Safeguard Passenger’s property
- Proper use of Airline’s manuals & documents
- Recording of Lost Property Found items in coordination with the Crew / Aircraft Cleaning Team
- Coordination with multiple teams and other departments
- Provide support with additional Customer Services (Passenger) duties where applicable
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications & Competencies
- World Tracer knowledge preferable
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be computer literate, willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently and within a team
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport is an equal opportunities employer, for further information on this, please visit www.joinswissport.com.