Division: Stobart Aviation Services
Location: Edinburgh Airport
Shift Pattern: 35 hours per week
Salary: £9 per hour
Reporting to: Ramp Team Leader
Stobart Group is focused on delivering growth in its three core operating divisions; Aviation, Energy and Rail & Civils. Stobart Group also holds a portfolio of infrastructure assets and investments.
What’s the role?
You will be working in the Ground Handling and Operations Team, ensuring consistent delivery of high performance standards in the provision of the smooth, timely and accurate processing of passenger baggage and aircraft turnaround.
What will I be responsible for?
• Complete processes and activities, in accordance with both CAA and DfT regulations and Airline(s), Airport(s) and company procedures.
• Perform accurate and efficient sortation of outbound passenger baggage.
• Take active involvement in all Aircraft Turnaround processes (including but not limited to aircraft arrival, baggage unload, baggage load, aircraft departure) as instructed by Team Leader.
• Security duties (including but not limited to Patrols, Access Control and I.D. checks).
• Safe and efficient operation of Ground Service Equipment.
• Regular preventative maintenance within the operational environment (including but not limited to removal of FOD, Ground Service Equipment checks/cleaning).
• Provide assistance and input to any baggage loading/unloading problems with accuracy and efficiency ensuring Team Leaders are kept informed.
• Work cohesively as part of the team so as to maximise co-operation leading to the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
• Liaise and work together with other departments to ensure our customers receive a high standard of service.
• Carry out any other reasonable task as requested.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write and understand written instruction and information
• Proactive approach to all work requirements and a team centred ethos.
• Driving Licence is essential
How to Apply: All applications should be made by sending an up to date CV and covering letter to HR Department, Stobart Aviation Services, London Stansted Airport, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted, CM24 1QW or email@example.com
Stobart Group is committed to equal opportunities for all. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process, we accept all job applications in a variety of formats and should you need any documents in a different format or require any further support or assistance please contact the HR Team on 07989 305 784 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
For Stobart employees: You must inform your line manager in advance if you are short-listed for an interview.