Deputy Manager – £27,000p/a
At SSP UK we are currently recruiting enthusiastic and dynamic Deputy Manager, to support the day to day operations at our Starbucks at Edinburgh Airport: this is an incredible opportunity to join our experienced management team in an exciting and unique environment.
We are the ‘Food Travel Experts’. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes and retail stores in travel locations. Established for more than 60 years, you will be joining a world-leading organisation with superb learning, development and progression opportunities, operating over 400 stores in the UK alone.
Reporting directly to our General Manager, as a Deputy Manager your working week will be varied; from being hands on and leading the team from the front, to assisting the General Manager in recruiting, training and meeting key financial targets.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Previous experience of managing a diverse team in a similar fast paced environment.
- Experience in coaching, training and mentoring your team to deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting financial and operational targets.
- Previous experience of having P&L financial exposure and exercising the necessary controls required when running a unit – (control of GP, labour, profit etc.)
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you a rewarding and vibrant working environment, real and achievable career opportunities and excellent training and development to enhance your existing skills to develop your career in to different brands, more senior management roles or support functions.
You’ll receive a competitive salary of £27,000 p.a. plus bonus incentive, free parking on site, free meal on shift, pension scheme, 28 days holiday, life assurance, refer a friend scheme, up to 75% employee discounts across the UK on SSP own and franchise brands and numerous other retailers and services, refer a friend scheme and much more.
Night Team Leader – £11.70p/h
£1000 joining & retention bonus!(T&C’s apply)
Everyone regardless of age starts on £11.70 per hour
- An additional £1.50 per hour for shifts worked between midnight and 6am
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail. You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations. We cater for everyone too, from part time people to those looking for a career. Come and speak to us.
We have some exciting and ambitious plans here at Edinburgh Airport and are looking for Full Time permanent Nights Team Leaders to come and join our team at Starbucks! We’re looking for a variety of shifts between 10pm and 7am including weekends – we are sure you can find something matching your flexibility.
Responsibilities for Team Leader:
- Leads the shift and motivates the team to drive sales
- Follows opening, closing & shift changeover procedures ensuring effective handover
- Ensures the cleaning schedules are followed with all cleaning monitored & allocated fairly
- Following Health & Safety/Food Safety/Statutory requirements and report to Line Manager if required
- Trains the team on brand standards
- Ensures cash procedures followed by all staff
Requirements for Team Leader:
- Successful candidates will be required to provide references for the last 5 years and undergo a Criminal Record Check in line with Airport Security Regulations.
- Due to some responsibilities within the Team Member role, applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over to perform certain tasks or work on certain shifts.
Benefits for Team Leader:
- Free parking
- Free meal on shift
- Joining & Retention bonus
- Refer a friend scheme – get rewarded with £400 every time you successfully refer a friend
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Additional £1.20 per hour for working between midnight and 6am.
- Up to 75% employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza and many more!
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.