Job type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £11.50-£13.00 per hour
Summary of Position:
To effectively deputize the Lounge Manager. To strategically optimize operational costs without affecting quality of service. To ensure the lounge is running smoothly, with duties assigned to the team, training provided and health & safety followed. To meet and greet the guests as well as monitor the lounge condition. To support the team to upsell where possible lounge facilities, such as Nap rooms, showers and upgraded drinks to the passengers. Support colleagues in the lounge when it is busy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Lounge Manager on the below:
Attending meetings with Senior Management on requested dates, ensuring policies are in place to manage and control F&B stock levels, Increasing Bar and Reception sales, constantly analyzing business trends and competitors to provide the best customer experience to our guests, Work with other Supervisors to produce a standardized training manual for all lounges
- Supervise the work of Reception, Front of House, Kitchen, Cleaning, Maintenance and Good Receiving teams to operate the Lounge
- Support the Lounge Manager by training the team of GSO’s on all aspects of the GSO role
- Train new team members in their duties and explaining the standards
- Monitor and track the upselling of program as Smart Traveller, providing training where needed to GSO
- Carry out all functions of the GSO role as per company standards
- Greet, assist, receive and collect payment from Guests at the front reception and bar counter in a friendly manner
- Carry out regular checks of all areas of the Lounge, maintain equipment inventories and records
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control
- Handle and resolve issues or complaints in a professional manner (reply to all the guest queries via Email or telephone with 24 hours
- Ensure the quality of food, guest services, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness of the Lounge achieve total customer satisfaction and meet company standards
- Delegate tasks where necessary with prompt follow up
- Handle administration duties, monitor attendance and timekeeping, updating the manager of any issues arising, Help do the Payroll & Roster, Control waste and costed Rota
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements and training are met
- Any other duties assigned by the manager within the scope of the position
- Keep track of all the Lost & found Items
- Making sure that the First Aid Kit and Incident log book are up to date
- Carry out 1:1’ appraisal for the new joiners during and when the probation is due to finish.
- Ensuring SOP manuals are in place, up to Date and adhere to
- Manage any employee relations issues within the team and help perform all recruitment and selection.
- To bring a proactive approach by researching new techniques, methods and ideas , to keep the lounge at the forefront of the industry
- The days and times of work will be on rota basis over 7 days
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- Previous supervisory experience in the hotel/hospitality sector
- Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service with a desire to learn and work hard
- Good knowledge regarding food and wine
- Experienced in opening and closing shifts
- Keen to progress their career
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and motivate staff
- Possess a strong command of English both written and verbal
- Be able to effectively delegate, Display strong leadership Skills
- Demonstrate a passion for guests
- Be able to inspire, influence and motivate others
- Take pride in achieving results and celebrating success
- Be able to multitask and have a strong eye for detail
- In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- CRB check will be required.
- 5 Years background check is required to work at the airport.
– Currently we still will provide sanitizer stations in our lounges
– taking temperatures of the team when they arrive for work
– Provide masks for the staff if they wish to use them
– Regular cleaning of the lounge
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]