Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.25 per hour
Report to: Supervisor
Plaza Premium Lounge (UK) Limited part of Plaza Premium Group are looking for Lounge Hosts to join our team as we open our brand new unit at Edinburgh Airport. We are the global leader in independent airport lounges, pushing industry boundaries and making sure travel can be a luxury for all.
Summary of Position:
To greet and serve the passengers as well as monitor the lounge condition. Upsell where possible lounge facilities, such as upgraded drinks to the passengers. Support colleagues in the lounge when it is busy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Guests in a friendly manner
- Serve food and beverages to guests in the service areas
- Set up and clearing of Food & Beverage outlets and stations
- Replenish food and beverages in the food counters and refrigerators in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient stock levels of amenities are available. Keep storage properly
- Serve liquors or beverages to Guests in the Lounge
- Prepare and mix ingredients, such as liquor and soda for daily use
- Use of cleaning products in a safe manner
- To follow cleaning procedures including use of equipment
- Health & safety in the workplace including Control of Substances Harmful to Health (COSHH)
- Wipe clean all table tops and collect soiled dishes
- Wipe clean and disinfect all glasses, utensils, equipment, service areas, door panels, wall panels, counters, directory boards and other public surfaces
- Cleans floors. including dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor
- Ensure the services, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness of the Lounge achieve total customer satisfaction and meet company standards
- Create memorable experiences with professionalism and passion
- Manage and anticipate guest expectations to provide a personalized service
- Provide knowledgeable menu advice offering suggestions and recommendations
- Ensure timely delivery from order to service
- Operate point of sales system
- Effective and consistent communication
- Comply with licensing laws and other legal requirements.
- Any other request within the scope of the position
- The days and times of work will be on Rota basis over 7 days
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- Previous experience within a position in the hotel/hospitality sector
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests
- Eager to learn, positive and energetic personality
- Be organized and motivated
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good command of English and have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity
- In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Criminal Record Check will be required.
- 5 Years background check is required to work at the airport.
Sanitizer stations will be in the lounge
Training is provided to be Covid safe
Face masks will be made available for employees to use
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Steve Calder [email protected]