Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Summary of Position:
To greet and check-in passengers as well as monitor the lounge condition. Upsell where possible lounge facilities, such as spa treatments, to the passengers. Support colleagues in the lounge when it is busy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet, receive and collect payment from Guests at the front reception counter
- Assist Guests in a friendly manner
- Responsible for the stock control
- Guide Guests to assigned areas
- Carry out regular checks of all areas of the Lounge
- Collect and distribute magazines and newspapers. Arranging them neatly on the racks.
- Ensure the quality of food, guest services, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness of the Lounge achieve total customer satisfaction and meet company standards
- Upsell where possible additional facilities, i.e. spa
- Any other reasonable request within the scope of your position
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the Department and to establish a highly personalized style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a lounge.
- To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanor.
- To have a good working knowledge of all departments of the Lounge.
- To have a full understanding of all equipment within the Front Office Systems, Word and Email.
- To be familiar with all reservation tasks in order to cover this role if required.
- To be efficient and well-informed in taking reservations, in the absence of the Manager: availability, prices and any restrictions.
- To record all relevant comments of appreciation, suggestions and maintenance points in order to initiate follow up.
- To know and understand the current policies and procedures of the Lounge.
- To be responsible for monies in your care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
- Ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills.
- To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
- To be aware of complaints/problems and bring them to the attention of the Reception Manager, Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Lounge’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- Previous experience within a position in the hotel/hospitality sector
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests
- Eager to learn, positive and energetic personality
- Be organized and motivated
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good command of English and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity
- In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- CRC check will be required.
- 5 Years background check is required to work at the airport.
Face masks are available to the team
Sanitizer stations are throughout the lounges
Training is available
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]