Hourly Rate: £10.25ph
40 Hours per week
Part time positions available
Plaza Premium Lounge (UK) Limited part of Plaza Premium Group are looking for Bartenders to join our team as we open our brand new unit at Edinburgh Airport. We are the global leader in independent airport lounges, pushing industry boundaries and making sure travel can be a luxury for all.
Summary of Position: To greet and serve the passengers in a friendly manner and to have excellent knowledge of all bar products on offer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Guests in a friendly manner
- Set up and clearing of Food & Beverage outlets and stations
- Replenish beverages in the refrigerators in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient stock levels of amenities are available.
- Serve liquors or beverages to Guests in the Lounge
- Ensure the quality of beverages served are of a high standard
- Upsell where possible additional beverages
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the Department and to establish a highly personalized style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a lounge.
- To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanor.
- To have a good working knowledge of all bar operations within the Lounge.
- To know and understand the current policies and procedures of the Lounge.
- To be responsible for monies in your care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
- Ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills.
- To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
- To be aware of complaints/problems and bring them to the attention of the Reception Manager, Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Lounge’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations
- Follow Health & safety guidelines in the workplace including Control of Substances Harmful to Health (COSHH)
- Wipe and keep clean all bar surfaces.
- Wipe clean and disinfect all glasses, utensils, equipment, service areas.
- Ensure the services, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness of the bar achieve total customer satisfaction and meet company standards
- Manage and anticipate guest expectations to provide a personalized service
- Provide knowledgeable menu advice offering suggestions and recommendations
- Ensure timely delivery from order to service
- Operate point of sales system
- Effective and consistent communication
- Comply with licensing laws and other legal requirements.
- Any other request within the scope of the position
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- Previous experience within a position in the hotel/hospitality sector
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests
- Eager to learn, positive and energetic personality
- Be organized and motivated
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good command of English and have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity
· In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
· Criminal record check will be required.
· 5 Years background check is required to work at the airport.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Steve Calder [email protected]