To deliver a high level of service to our airline customer ensure customer experience is managed at the gate and aircraft.
Main accountabilities include:
- Adhere to and implement the Airport Operator’s policies and directives.
- Gather, input and process all data and documentation necessary for the fulfilment of the success of the operation, by manual, automated or computerised systems, including weather reporting and notams (if required), LDM, PSM, Special loads, cargo, mail, DGR, Steps, GPU, ASU, fuel, catering and crew changes
- Carry out area hazard checks. Operate all equipment including Airbridges, company vehicles, aomis systems, agnis/papa systems,radio’s, telephones and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner, if required and in accordance with the relevant training received.
- Ensure all relevant equipment and/or services are in place necessary to complete a safe and efficient turnaround and in sufficient time so as not to jeopardise turnaround and departure time.
- Approach aircraft only when it is safe to do so and in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Notify relevant departments of arrival of aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Brief colleagues on offload instructions and issue load plan when required.
- Comply at all times with DfT procedures concerning Triple ‘A’ in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Co-ordinate safe and efficient disembarkation and boarding of passengers from/to aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues from all departments to ensure safe and efficient turnaround.
- Report any damage, fault or irregularity to the appropriate body irrespective of the circumstances.
- You will process customers using an automated DCS or manual system ensuring full compliance with regulatory, company and airline requirements.
- Ensure cabin baggage compliance.
- Promote a professional image and deliver the highest possible customer service at all time
- Lead a team of gate staff to ensure safe on time departures for all airline customers.
- Deal with disruption and irregularities with confidence and composure.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with passengers.
- Obtain fuel figures and send fuel message if required.
- Liaise with flight and cabin crew in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure that safety is never compromised.
- Be able to consistently deliver the highest possible customer service at all times.
- You will work in all customer service departments including check in, departures and arrivals.
- You will have the ability to drive through policies and procedures representing the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensuring that housekeeping is maintained
- Ability to operate Jetty and good working knowledge of Airside operation.
- Airside driving as required.
- Any other duties as directed by Senior Management.
- Carry out all activities of the role and processing activities (as above) as directed by the Company through its policies, procedures and training to ensure the success of the operation including the following:
- Full compliance:
- Health & Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Data Protection
- Remain up to date with all station notices relating to policies and procedures
- Remain up to date with all relevant operational, systems and Customer Service training
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment at all times
- Comply with the Company’s open, fair and honest reporting culture
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of Ground Handling Practices
- Must have experience working within Customer Services Department.
- Well organised with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, able to work on their own initiative to specific deadlines, have the ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and co-ordinate a team
- Ability to work within a pressured environment.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing demands/circumstances.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop an excellent working relationship with our airline customers and employees
- Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels.
- A track record of delivering against key performance targets.
- The willingness to learn new systems
- Be able to demonstrate effective time management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. It is not intended to be exhaustive. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. This job description does not form part of the post holder’s terms and conditions of employment and may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.