Assist the Baggage Service Lead Agent in the assistance of passengers arriving into the airport with mishandled baggage, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned, ensuring customer service standards are achieved and that Menzies aviation, airport and customer airlines policies and procedures are adhered to.
Main accountabilities include
- As part of the Baggage Services team you will ensure customer reports are dealt with in a timely manner
- You will process customer’s mishandled baggage using an automated or manual system ensuring full compliance with regulatory, company and airline requirements.
- Liaise with customers face-to-face and also by telephone ensuring they are informed every step of the way
- Liaise with our airline customers and baggage delivery companies.
- Ensure you deal with disruption and irregularities with confidence and composure.
- Be able to consistently deliver the highest possible customer service, whilst promoting a professional image at all times.
- You will have the ability to drive through policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensuring that housekeeping is maintained in all areas
- Removal of unclaimed baggage from the reclaim baggage belt up to a maximum of 32kg in line with manual handling procedures.
- Maintaining and promoting a high standard of safe and secure working environment at all times.
- Provide support to FoH and gates operation when required including meeting inbound aircraft.
Any other reasonable duty as requested by Front of House Manager or Station Manager
Safety, Security and Compliance
All employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
- Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
Qualifications and experience
- Good verbal communication
- A full 5 year work/unemployment/education history.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of address
- Criminal Record Check and Airside Security Clearance