Airport Retail Group is a large Norwegian fashion and duty free operator in the Nordic & UK areas.
We have two mono brand stores, Michael Kors and Max Mara Weekend in Edinburgh Airport as well as multi-brand fashion ‘traveller’ stores in UK regional airports.
The UK Business is operated as it’s own territory where the small UK Head Office team are responsible for developing and implementing the strategies that cover buying, selling, developing people and financial discipline with some support and guidance from the larger teams in the Norway Head Office.
The Supervisor role assumes the leadership of the store in the store Managers absence with a specific focus on sales and leading the team to deliver the best customer experience and high turnover.
We expect our people to bring their own high standards and continually raise the bar across all areas of their role. You will not be micro managed and will have to be able to take direction whilst owning the direction with your teams. You will be remote from Head Office in Newcastle. We expect you to be proactive, self motivated, resilient, driven and have a track record of taking accountability – ownership and personal responsibility and very important to us. We need you to have demonstrable experience a fast paced and customer centric environment, fashion would be real bonus as this role is fully immersed in the details of retail, including selling, KPI’s, hiring great people, building a team and ensuring financial discipline. An airport is a unique trading environment. The trading hours are longer than the high street and your team are time pressured. Its also lots of fun, very interesting and has the added bonus of always knowing how many customers are coming through the door and pretty much exactly when.
ARG are ambitious and have a strong desire to grow our business in the UK through driving continuous improvement in our stores. The outcomes we expect from this role reflect this. Store Supervisor is a key role so we are looking for someone who has all of the competencies we need, in abundance. These are outlined below. If you think you are in the top 10% of your kind in your game and can deliver what we need – please apply!
Mission: To continuously drive store performance through driving top line sales, controlling costs, maintaining financial discipline and creating an amazing team. Working with the Store Manager to develop, drive and deliver your store strategy to ensure you deliver store objectives and KPI’s.
• Grow top line store sales
• Control the cost budgets within targets
• Sell, Sell, Sell
• Contribute to developing an amazing team
• Drive financial discipline
• Communication & Relationships– understands the importance of communication and relationship building in business. Speaks and writes clearly to all levels, is articulate and not overly verbose, understands their audience.
• High Standards– believes in themselves and believes they can achieve more and better, can determine what’s required to raise the bar, articulate this, get buy-in and drive continuous improvement.
• Ability to sell– makes the customer the heart of everything and can infect their team with this strategy.
• Responsible & Reliable– can get the job done particularly under pressure and is still able to deliver the goals and objectives.
• Accountable– makes sounds decisions and takes accountability for the outcomes.
• Culture -committed to team work. A floor manager who leads by example. Is able to take direction, make it their own and work as a team to deliver.
• Think FASHION!– has an eye for what works well, what the latest trends are and is able to articulate why something is either selling or not selling. Represents the brand at all times.
• Enthusiasm– committed to a growing business and bringing positivity at all times.
• Respect & Honesty- Ethically strong, earns trust, maintains confidence, does what is right, speaks plainly and truthfully.
Job Type: Full-time
•sales: 1 year (Preferred)
•Retail Sales: 2 years (Preferred)