An opportunity has arisen for individuals with a genuine enthusiasm for customer service to provide advice and assistance to customers to maximise the likelihood of a sale. You will be responsible for a variety of duties to create an attractive and welcoming environment for our customers whilst going above and beyond to help passengers in the airport.
We are looking for an energetic and outgoing individual with excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be able to acquire a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and pass that knowledge to customers with a great deal of enthusiasm. The goal is to facilitate service and sales in every possible way in order to drive sustainable growth.
What you will be doing:
· Approach customers and provide advice on services offered
· Assist customers with their queries and issues
· Follow company processes for logging/storing items
· Provide customers information and other services which could assist
· Locate products on behalf of customers
· Deal with complaints in a patient and helpful manner
· Update customer and item information in databases
· Go the “extra mile” to exceed KPI’s
· Monitor shelves inventory and unload new products when needed
· Operate cash registers and close daily revenues
· Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the store
What you need for this position:
· Live within a 45 minute commute of Edinburgh Airport
· Proven experience in a customer service/sales role
· Experience in handling cash register
· ‘Tech-savvy’ with knowledge of computer systems and databases
· Able to balance a customer-oriented and a results-driven approach
· Patient and comfortable dealing with complaints
· Professionalism and outgoing personality
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding organisational and multi-tasking abilities
· Good physical endurance
· High school diploma or equivalent
What you need to do now:
Please send a cover letter and your CV, with a contact number, current salary and any other details you feel we need to know to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
Applicants who pass initial screening will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview. If successful a face to face interview will take place at the airport.
Job Type / Category
The position is within an airport. Shifts are 8 hours in length and can start as early as 4am and finish as late as 10pm. Candidates will need sufficient transport to get to and from the airport at those times.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Ability to speak a foreign language is preferred but not essential.
· How many years of Customer Service experience do you have?
· How many years of Retail Sales experience do you have?
· How many years of Staff Management experience do you have?
· Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving License?
· What is the highest level of education you have completed?
What we offer our employees:
· Target driven monthly commission
· Company pension scheme
· BUPA Private Healthcare after one year of service
· Full company training
· Genuine career progression
· Staff discount scheme
· Employee discounts at a number of online/high street outlets
· Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.29 /hour