As the global caterer of choice, dnata catering provides inflight catering to the world’s leading airlines. When serving these customers, we’re also serving their customers and leaving a lasting impression on their travel experience. That’s why our mission is to deliver the promises our customers make. We offer a comprehensive range of Inflight Catering, Onboard Retail and Logistics services across all of the UK’s major and regional airports.
Have you recently completed your Class 2 LGV Drivers License? Are you ready for you’re an exciting new opportunity to kick start your driving career? Here at dnata catering UK we are delighted to be able to offer you this great opportunity with no prior driving experience necessary.
Working as a Driver at our Edinburgh unit you could earn from £13 per hour with the added bonus of NO TRAFFIC JAMS!
Permanent contract working 40 hours per week. Option to work part-time also available.
If that doesn’t make you want to press apply now, continue reading until you are convinced.
Working in a fast paced environment the Driver role is pivotal to the success of our business as you will be responsible for loading and driving our specialised rigid vehicles from the airport service department to our airline clients delivering our excellent on-board retail and catering goods in-line with various scheduling agreements. As you will be joining the company during peak season there will be plenty of overtime opportunities paying premium rates.
You will need a reasonable level of physical fitness to do this job as it will require some lifting and bending. If you feel this is the job for you and you have the necessary skills for this exciting role you could be the very person we are looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
- Loading of the bar and catering equipment on to 17 tonne rigid vehicles
- Loading the aircraft with the bar and catering equipment
- Driving the vehicle from the freight terminal to airside you will ensure the goods and catering packages are delivered on time
- You will be working as part of a team in a customer centric environment
What you will have:
- Category C (Class 2) driving License with less than 6 points
What’s in it for you:
- Free meals and drink on site
- Dental, optical and treatment cover through our Simply health Cash Plan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which offers counselling
and advice on a wide variety of issues, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension scheme and life cover
- Company Pension
- Competitive Salary
- Free hot drinks on site
- Free lunch and dinner on site
- Free parking on/near site
- Generous Holiday
- Great Working Environment
- In House Training
- Progression Opportunities
- Uniform, safety shoes and PPE provided