- Function: – Security
- Additional Functions: – Compliance
- Vacancy Type: – Permanent
- Salary Details: – Up to £28,000 per year including shift pay after training
- Job Description
We are looking for Aviation Security Officers to join the team at Edinburgh Airport on a 37 hour per week permanent contract.
Before you make your application, make sure you’ve visited our dedicated Security page to find out what to expect from the process and some useful tips!
About the role
Our Security team is dedicated and highly trained and we support thousands of people coming through the airport every day. The team is responsible for keeping all of our passengers and staff safe in the terminal and for their onward journeys.
Taking on one of the most vital roles in the airport, you will make sure that all passengers have a safe and enjoyable experience. You might be the first or only person our passengers meet on their journey through the airport, and we want to provide excellent customer service at every stage. As an Aviation Security Officer, your role will involve:
- Screening all people and vehicles passing through restricted areas using archway detectors and manual body searching when necessary
- Operating x-ray equipment to screen luggage and other items
- Manually searching luggage for prohibited items
- Checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users
- Patrolling the terminal and outside areas to ensure that the airport is secure
The important bit
Please note that all roles within Security begin with a three-week full time training course. If your application is successful, you will be made a conditional offer subject to pre-employment checks and passing our training course.
These courses will be running until May 2023, so if you are looking for a role to start in a couple of months time, apply now and we can book you in to a later training course.