We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to join the Capital Projects team. The Planner is responsible for developing master programmes, construction constraints and phasing plans during all stages of the project lifecycle but will have a specific focus during the early stages between TG1 and TG3. The Planner will also assist the project senior leadership team in the management and monitoring of progress in relation to the overall capital plan. Post contract, the Planner will support both the Project and Commercial Management disciplines to monitor construction progress and assist in the contract administration specifically around the acceptance of revised contract programmes
You can find out more about the Capital Projects team here.
- Assist the Project Managers to identify risks because of logistics and airport interfaces and ensure that these have been adequately addressed within the programme
- Develop and manage the master programming for all stages of the capital project portfolio, including concept design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover
- Develop and manage master programme for appointment of professional service team from EAL framework to projects
- Develop and manage master programme for tender development and returns
- Establish and maintain an effective project timeline managed in line with sponsor expectations, providing effective support and explanation on the effects of change to the project programme
- Identify key project milestones and constraints
- Maximise production output through efficient planning
- Develop the strategy for project logistics and airport interfaces, utilise the existing processes within the Standard Operating Procedure
- Management of appropriate programme information to allow recommendations and support decision making on next steps within the toll gate process
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate time is allowed during the key stages of design, mobilisation and construction
To apply for this role, you’ll need to hold a degree or have proven experience in a relevant discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience, programme management and development of projects
- Experience in programme management through development, construction and handover
- Collaboration – you can work well within a team and have experience in identifying risks and providing clear communication
- Proficient in MS Project, specialist planning software, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in airport construction projects
- Experience with NEC 3 contracts
- Experience with Primavera
If your experience looks slightly different to what we’ve listed here, we encourage you to still apply. You could add something we didn’t know we needed.
- Pension scheme- employer contributions can be up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Supporting your health and wellbeing- private healthcare after 1 years’ service, access to our Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health services
- Free car parking on site and when you go on holiday
- We offer a range of other benefits, find out more here
We are Edinburgh Airport, where Scotland meets the world. The success of the airport comes down to our people, and you can help us deliver even more big days for our passengers and colleagues. The development of your career is important to us, and we’ll support and encourage this every step of the way. As a business we’re driven by our values – they’re at the core of our culture and everything we do. We’re looking for people who will demonstrate these values day-in, day-out. So if this sounds like you, apply now and get ready for your career to take off.
Building a diverse workforce that is inclusive and accessible to all is a priority for our business. As part of this journey, we are proud to be the first UK airport to be endorsed by WORK180. They only recognise great employers for all women. Find out about our policies on our WORK180 employer page.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we are committed to ensuring applicants with a disability can participate fully in our recruitment process. Please let us know in your application form if you require any adjustments, such as parking arrangements or alternative methods of communication.